Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yesterday at the Carnegie


My name is Lyndsy J. (Middle School Student) It has been such a fun experience being able to work at the Carnegie Museum with my classmates.
Today I have laid out display boards including "Common Plants Used to make Medicine," and also "Madison Township's relation to Quinine." I have sprayed my jeans with spray glue and broke the top of the glue, via my extremely sticky fingers.
Working at the Carnegie Museum today has been awesome. I really encourage everyone to come to the Carnegie. It's definitely a fun experience.

By Raven M. (Middle School Student)
I didn't think this would turn out as well as it is. I thought it'd be pretty hectic, a bunch of kids running around with spray glue. Nothing of the sort. We were as organized as middle school kids could be with little supervision, and I think we did pretty well. Sticky is one word I would use to describe this. Right now my fingers are sticking to the keyboard because I touched too much of the glue. It was fun though. We had to work in groups that were just thrown together, ones we didn't think would work. But it turned out really good. We got along great and it was fun. Seemed shorter than it was. Oh, warning for future generations: Fear Hudson's driving. And wear the seat belt. She could kill you from behind the wheel. Well, bye!
By: Elizabeth F.
This is the first time I have ever done a blog entry. Missing school to come set up our projects from last year was very exciting to me! When we first got here we took a tour of the place and we saw a lot of neat things. From Doctors to Medical chairs, you can see everything here at the Carnegie Museum. My project was about pioneer medicine and cures. I had two partners, Spencer and Chloe. We loved doing our project and we learned a lot of interesting facts along the way. This project isn't the easiest, but I can say it was one of the most fun things I have done. In class we did happen to talk a lot being good friends, but in the end we got it done! Come see our projects in the museum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment