Wednesday, February 18, 2009



Hi! My name is Brennan P (a middle school student). Today when I volunteered to help set up some of the exhibits, I was amazed at how cool the museum was. It has a ton of cool things to see and do, so you should check it out. And, dude, I'm not just saying that because they told me to, I'm saying that because I want to. So come on down to the Carnegie Museum !

By Jessica P. (a middle school student)
I have like never ever written a blog before, so I'm just going to write and pray that I'm doing it right. When we first got to the Museum it was pouring rain, so Mrs. Hudson dropped us off at the door and we went inside. We entered directly into the Wow Room, and ironically the first word I said was wow. After we were introduced to the Museum and the people in it, we were schooled on how to be a good tour guide.
When that was over, my group headed upstairs to work. We found folders lying in several spots on the floor, our job was to take the contents of the folder and arrange it onto a board so it looked all nice and pretty. That part was pretty fun, we just sat on the floor and cut things out and talked. After we were all done with that, we went downstairs and to the Spray Glue. I was the first one to spray glue and it was fun, I just knew I was going to be sticky all day. The boards have turned out gorgeous and I can't wait to see them all hanging up and done. I can't wait until the opening to see it all done and ready. I can't wait to see everybody there, so hopefully you'll come too!!


Hey, this is Kayla B (a middle school student). I don't know how to blog, but this is a lot better then school! No offense Mrs. Maurer, Mrs. Meek, Mrs. Warren, or Mr. Linn. I've been here since 8ish and working like crazy and my knees hurt and I have like 5 minutes left so I'm trying to hurry. Hank and I have been working on Herbal Medicine thing, even though that's not what I worked on last year. Last year I did Marion Kirtley with Shannon . It was awesome! The spray glue is fuunnn! The Herbal Medicine exhibit is awesome. I made it pretty. There's lots of flowers and information about how they heal people. It's pretty sweet. But I'm out of time. You should come see it! March 1st peaceee!


Hello! My name is Madeline K (a middle school student). The Carnegie Museum was a very fun experience! I didn't get to come last year so it was fun to see all the work the other kids have done. It was very fun! The spray glue was very "interesting". I helped put together many posters and hang some things up. It was fun to hang out with friends and help Montgomery County educate our people!


Hi my name is Chandler P. (a middle school student). This is my first experience in blogging. This day has been very fun for me. We have set up so many exhibits. My favorite part was when Mrs. Fairfield showed us how to make the flippy things. In order to find out what I am talking about you have to come to the Carnegie Museum . Also we used spray glue. It was fun until I got myself sticky. Come and see it and look for the Roosevelt Hospital for Colored People seeing how it had been made by me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment