Saturday, January 28, 2012
A link to a research article based on the presentation on the military and colllege football that Dr. Vasquez did at the Carnegie in October 2010.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
About the Exhibit:
Agriculture: The Cultivation of Montgomery County will open to the public on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at the Carnegie Museum of Montgomery County. This exhibit will cover the history of agriculture in Montgomery County as well as the state of agriculture today. Visitors will learn about the science and business aspects of farming and the supporting networks of farm-related businesses and organizations in the county and the state.
Visitors to the exhibit will learn about:
- Basic agriculture systems and terms
- Where Montgomery County ranks in the state, and where Indiana ranks in the nation in multiple agricultural products.
- The impact of agriculture on Montgomery County
- What it is like to be a successful farmer in Montgomery County
- The technology involved in successful agriculture and how it has changed over time
- Groups and organizations relating to Montgomery County agriculture, such as FFA and 4-H
Exhibit Logo must:
· Be able to be viewed in color and in black and white
· Be appropriate for a family friendly audience
· Be scalable from 2 inches to 36 inches
· Represent Montgomery County and/or Agriculture
The winning design will be used to promote the exhibit online and in print to a local, regional and national audience. The exhibit will run through the end of 2012.
Please submit logo in PDF Form to Carnegie@cdpl.lib.in.us by Friday, January 30, 2012. The winner will be notified by February 10, 2012 and will be invited to the Exhibit Preview on February 29th to be an honored guest at the event which includes the Annual Meeting of the Friends of the Carnegie Museum.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
To create this exhibit we need your help. If you have photographs of the Montgomery County Fair or photographs of local people at the Indiana State Fair, the museum would be interested in borrowing them for the exhibit. Also, old farm tools, maps, Almanacs, FFA Jackets and more are needed to complete the visual picture of Montgomery County Agriculture. Any items from the 1979 Farm Progress Show here in the county would be most welcome. Items can be donated to the museum or loaned to the museum for the duration of the exhibit.
The Carnegie Museum is located at:
222 S. Washington Street (US 231)
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
765-362-4618 (Front desk)