Wednesday, February 18, 2009



Megan L.

So, it's not my first time working at the Carnegie. Last year, I helped install the Rockin' World of Geology and the Days of Dreadful Disasters that I helped create at school. This year, being an "experienced freshman" Mrs. Hudson came to me to see if I would be willing to take a full day off of school to help the little middle schoolers. I've had a lot of good experiences with the Carnegie exhibit installation and creation. It's a lot of fun, since you get to be the voice of the project. From it, you also learn a lot, not all about your topic, but also about the organization that goes into getting it all set up and put together. And, when opening day comes along, you have to be the expert. I think involving students is a great way to get the community involved in the museum, and it's fun.

By: Tyler H.

My experiences at the museum have been really good. I have installed three exhibits that I have created and now I am on my fourth exhibit that I haven't exactly created. Working here at the Carnegie has been wonderful. All of the workers here are very nice and know what they are talking about. They have put in a lot of time to make this place look great and inform the people that come into the museum. If you want to know something that you don't know about today, come out and see the new exhibits that are in the museum now.

No comments:

Post a Comment